Monday, January 10, 2011

ILOVESOFIAJANEBYBLACK

Not really a fan of local entertainment industry! Not saying that I'm not proud of the local music or films when I should be but I found them dull and static, static as in there's no immense flow that will happen in the local entertainment scene not even in 5 years to come.
Just look at how the Koreans can come out with brilliant concept of music with dance, groups rather than solo singer, and catchy musics and the props, the music videos, the fashion or theme of albums, the strategy of releasing mini album first,vravravra. That's beyond the Western's expectations I shall say. Just look at how these people can produced damn good songs and their music appear to be fresh and one of a kind. Even if the song is in English, it will still be recognize as Korean songs because people just knew it's the Korean music.
I'm not trying to be a bullshit who talks bad about her country's music and brag about others that did better but this is a fact that everyone knew, realised and nobody can avoid. It's a sad thing to know that even our neighboring country, ex. Indonesia is doing pretty well; Wali Band, an Indonesian male band is beingspreading love for their music all around the world. The European even made an English translation to their song, if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty good as a band from a Third World country. We supposed should be doing lot better, shouldn't we??

But, that was before, long before my mum and bro brainwashed me and exposed me to the local chapters and then I just realized that Malaysian's music is one fine art too. Trust me, the moment you listen to all the masterpieces of Audi Mok that he composed solely for Faizal Tahir, it just crossed your mind that, ermm, I have something to be proud of and like seriously you should listen to Sofia Jane by Black because I can't avoid admitting that that Sofia Jane is being played in my mind like for ages already.

And to show my support I didn't missed the AJL last night thought it rocked my spirit down when Ana Rafali was announced as winner. Not a fan but not hating, it's just that I gambled more on Faizal Tahir and Black because Black's vocal was superb when he sang Sofia Jane and the high note at the ending of the song, that's what we call MOF (marvelous,outstanding and fabulous).

So, previously on Melodi they were talking about how hard it is for Malaysian music to penetrate the Indonesian market. Very sensitive issue indeed.Talking about playing safe for the Indons and losing in a 'play fair' game for Malaysia. Hurm, and judging on how lenient Malaysia is to accept their every single song and help with the marketing when they refused to accept some of our songs, we can conclude that the Indons are quite selfish plus for them to say that the quality of their music is incomparable for us sounds pretty lame.They should learn the basic principles of give and take where you have to give something before you take something, and they can't even abide by these simple rule, then I'd say,

Malaysian, let's stop buying and listening to their music because we have ours!