Monday, January 3, 2011

Being sought after doesn't make you someone better!

When we were 1,
we don't even know what are boys.

When we grew 6,
we know WHAT are boys. Boys: simply putting them in words (short hair, very naughty, always pull your hair,sweats alot and clothes smell like ughhh are boys) but trust me you don't bother much.

When we were in primary school,
our parents sent us to a non co-ed school (single sex school), and the only opposite male being we'd ever bump into is the Science teacher who grew mustache and probably has 3 kids and trust me again, it's UGLY.Even if you're in a co-ed school, you will only care about how am I going to beat this boy and be NO.1.

When we get to lower secondary school (which is Form 1 to 3): Starting of opposite sex attraction.
He's cute.
I think he looks at me.
Couple of days later, you found a letter under your desk and guess what? It's him, the guy who you think looked at you.
Next, you started exchanging letters and numbered them like in the Dear John. (From letter 1 to letter 53)
And sparks fly, but your feelings are still pure, and simple as the basic principle of love; you like him and he likes you, and that's already enough.

As you grew older, from 16 to an addition of 1, things changed: Development of opposite sex relationship.
He's hot.
I know he has this fling thing going on for me.
He walked towards you and you gave him your cellphone number.
Sparks could be flying but it's nothing simple.
You want every guys to do that. You want to be someone sought after by lots of guys.
You don't count the numbers of messages he texted you but you started counting who texted you.
And you feel happy, proud and complete satisfaction existed in your inner soul.

But, when you reached 18, 19 and maybe 20 like me this 2011.
Things were supposed to be different.
The way you look at all this lovey-dovey and relationship things.
The way you handle them.
Now, you're supposed to be maturer in observing every aspects of 'this' thing because you're no more in search of the hottest boyfriend to show off to your girlfriends but you're in the search of Mr. Right and the soul mate.
Despite how many guys texted you or called you, it doesn't matter, it is supposed to not be a big matter.
And you don't go bragging about them.
Because trust me, people at this age think maturely(if i'm not mistaken that's the word), they don't fancy you  bragging about how many boys called you. They don't even give a damn about it.
I don't.
Well, I'm not that maturer myself but I don't find you are super better when you did that instead I find you pathetic and it's sad to see that you are high school minded.

And
it's not good to smirk at her, and trying not to listen when she talks about the guy she likes, because I want to listen to her rather than listening to your craps because I find her story pure and well simply love.

And to the 'her', if the 'you' doesn't listen to you, come to me, I'll be here and we'll let her blow her own horn alone.